Monday, February 1, 2010

Circle flowers




I have seen a lot of circle flowers on blogs lately. I did mine a tad bit different then the ones I have seen. First I punched out lots of circles in various sizes. Then I crumpled up the circles until the paper fibers broke down. I took each circle and split in in half. If you have crumpled your paper enough it comes apart very easily. Then you have two circles each with a nice soft side that feels like suede. I put the circles on top of each other and punched through the middle with my Crop a Dile and added a brad. Then I scrunched up the edges a bit to form the flower. The square behind the flower is made with the new Scallop Trim Border and Corner punches. I think I finally get how to use them. :)

Stamps: Whimsical Words (free with a $50 order)
Ink: Black
CS: Sweet Pea DS, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzelberry, White
Other: Scallop Trim Border and Corner Punch, 1 3/4, 1 1/2, 1 3/8, 1 1/4 inch circle punches, Bermuda Bay ribbon, Rhinestone brad, Crop a Dile

No comments: